Thursday 17 October 2013

Humans of New York

A fotografar Nova Iorquinos desde 2010, Brandon Stanton tem um jeito particular de tirar fotografias e sintetizar histórias.

Dá vontade de passar o dia no Humans of New York



"Why are you wearing a pilot’s outfit?"
"I wear it every day."
"Do you want to be a pilot when you grow up?"
"No, I want to be a teacher."
"Why aren’t you wearing a teacher’s outfit?"
"I don’t have one."


"My daughter lives in Pennsylvania. She’s working at a nursing home and studying to be an accountant. She’s my pride and joy."
"Does she know you’re homeless?"
"No, she’s got enough to worry about. I just tell her that I’m retired."


"Can you take my photo? I have Asian parents that need confirmation I’m working."

"If you have a beard, it takes longer for people to notice that you don’t have any teeth."

 "If you could give one piece of advice to a large group of people, what would it be?"
“Let me tell you something. I’m a Sikh. And I lived in India back in 1984, when a Sikh assassinated Indira Gandhi. Mobs of people went door-to-door, using voter rolls to identify the Sikhs and kill them. They were chanting outside our door while we hid in the closet. The only reason I’m still alive is that our neighbor convinced them that we’d moved away. So I don’t have anything to say to a large group of people. I hate large groups of people.”

 "Sometimes, when I’m going home to see her, I think: ‘Nobody should be this happy on a Tuesday.’"


"I’m having a hard time trusting in The Process."
“What process?”
“The process that says if I do my part, everything will turn out right.”

No comments :

Post a Comment

01 09 10